SNEAM / NEPIA Sustainable Nuclear Energy Production and Industrial Applications
The EDF Foundation for Science and Education - the “Institut de France” - offers scholarships to students with Bachelor background in Nuclear Engineering and selected for the Master of Science SNEAM, February 2017 intake. Those scholarships will be awarded on an Excellence criterion by the Selection Committee which will take place at the beginning of December 2016.
SNEAM / NEPIA Nuclear Energy Production & Industrial Applications specializes in nuclear sciences applications including energy production (power reactors) and industrial applications (particles beams technology, instrumentation,.....). A particular focus is put on the safety and radioprotection, to be considered in the management of a large project in this field.
- Acquire basic knowledge necessary for understanding nuclear energy production (power reactors) and industrial applications, e.g. accelerators, cyclotrons...
- Develop competences in reactor operation, maintenance and safety issues including radioprotection.
- Develop competences in particles beams production and qualification.
- Develop competences in nuclear radiations applications: instrumentation, non destructive control, security...
- Develop an awareness of societal considerations related to nuclear energy production.
- Take into account societal issues related to nuclear energy production.
The Master of Science SNEAM-NEPIA starts in September and is divided into 4 semesters:
- MSc year 1 : 1 academic semester in ENSICAEN + 1 academic semester in Nantes
- MSc year 2 : 1 academic semester for specialization + 6 months Master Thesis in industry or research laboratory.
The program of the first year for the SNEAM/NEPIA program is the same as the first year for the SNEAM/ANWM and SNEAM/NUTMA